Thursday, October 31, 2013

James' birthday

Last Friday was James' 28th birthday and since we were having a party that night he and I went out for dinner on the Thursday night. James said it was hands down the warmest birthday he'd ever had when we were sitting on a patio for drinks at 7:30pm and it was around 20 degrees! Unfortunately I forgot my camera and so the photos are from my cell phone. We walked up to Place Terreaux just a couple streets away from our apartment to enjoy some démis of Leffe and the end of patio season.




Then we strolled over to a restaurant called Butcherbrother which specializes entirely in burgers and has a kind of New York-style theme. James ordered a beer from Brooklyn and I went with a delightful cocktail before the main event arrived: big, juicy burgers with bacon. I put the water glass next to the burger for size comparison below - it was a beast. But of course we got through them and while I was immediately ready for bed, when offered dessert James naturally replied yes and somehow managed to eat a giant brownie as well. The birthday boy was very happy :) 




In the meantime about 45 minutes after dinner and as soon as we got home I fell asleep at 9:30pm and didn't wake up for 10 hours! The burger clearly won that battle. Friday morning on his actual birthday James opened up his presents and cards from his family and me. He is now the proud owner of a new dress shirt, two new sweaters, some new books, and some British chocolate (though that didn't last long).


Friday night we had a house party with all of our roommates and a couple of previous ones inviting friends over so it was a pretty massive event. Safe to say James imbibed a sufficient amount and thoroughly enjoyed his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment