Sunday, July 7, 2013

92 and a half years of life, love and laughter

For those of you who may not know, my Grandpa passed away on June 16 and it was really tough to be away from home when I found out. But thanks to the generous and loving support of my family I was able to fly back to Kingston to say goodbye and I am extremely grateful for that. It was obviously an emotional week but I'm so thankful for the time I had there to see all my relatives, family friends, my parents, my sisters and brother-in-law, my nephews and my Grandma.


To know that they shared over 67 years together making memories is something unbelievably special. I'm so happy that I spent so much time with them in the last four and a half years since they moved to Kingston and I'm glad I got to Skype with them only a couple of weeks before he died. 

In helping my Grandma go through some things in their apartment I found a picture of my Grandpa holding me when I was only 16 days old, probably the first photo we had together. I also have the last photo taken of us on May 20, the day before we flew to England. 



As hard as it is to come to terms with his death, I have nearly 30 years of memories with him, and those will keep me smiling for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment